The Kwid has been launched by Renault in India at a starting price of Rs.2.56 lakh. The launch marked the global release of the compact hatchback and the car is to be exported to various markets soon as well. The Renault Kwid will take on the Hyundai Eon and the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 here in India.
The Kwid is extremely fuel efficient and comes with a mileage of 25.1kmpl. Powered by a 799cc three-cylinder petrol engine, the car delivers 53bhp in terms of peak power as well as 72Nm of peak toque and is mated to a five-speed manual transmission. With impressive looks both on the inside and outside this is all set to be the next winner from Renault.
Being manufactured at Renault’s Chennai production factory, the Kwid has managed to be so competitively priced as a result of its CMF-A platform as well as its 98 percent localization. This has resulted in quite a bit of cost savings and will make it all the more attractive for customers. With a whole host of customization options and stellar performance, the Kwid does appear to the best at what it is priced at.
- The variant-wise pricing of the car is as follows.
- Renault Kwid STD – Rs.2.56 lakh
- Renault Kwid RxE – Rs.2.89 lakh
- Renault Kwid RxE (optional) – Rs.2.95 lakh
- Renault Kwid RxL – Rs.3.12 lakh
- Renault Kwid RxT – Rs.3.44 lakh
- Renault Kwid RxT (optional) – Rs.3.53 lakh