Everyone looks for something different in their new vehicle, and whether that’s value for money, practicality, style or low running costs, we are here to help you decide which car best fits your brief. Our team of dedicated drivers have driven thousands of miles over the past one year, sticking to the criteria that most matter to you. Each vehicle is rated out of 5 for comfort, running costs, reliability, safety and practicality, in addition to engines, performance, value for money, optional extras and price. By covering every aspect of a vehicle, we are able to give an overall score, which allows you to quickly and easily compare one car with another, by weighing up their advantages and disadvantages.
Divided into 16 categories, from best 4×4 and best family car, through to best convertible and best estate car; the Carbuyer awards round up our top picks in each segment, every year. Besides 16 category winners, we also present a special buyer’s award for a standout motoring initiative, which aims to change the way the market thinks. This year’s winner may not be anything new, but it proves that a mainstream manufacturer can still innovate with a basic idea – years after it was first conceived.
However, only one of the category winners can take the overall prize to be crowned Carbuyer Car of the Year. Our winner, as you can read in the detailed review below, symbolizes a genuine game changer in the market of United Kingdom. It not only provides a cheap list price and rock bottom running costs, but it’s also great to look at, surprisingly practical and fun to drive.
Try it for yourself and we are sure you will agree – this year’s winner is deserving indeed.
- Full list of CarBuyer award winners:
- Best City Car: Hyundai i10
- Car of the Year: Hyundai i10
- Best Hybrid / Electric Car: BMW i3
- Best Small Car: Ford Fiesta
- Best Large SUV: Hyundai Santa Fe
- Best Small SUV: Dacia Duster
- Best Large Family Car: Mazda6
- Best Family Car: SEAT Leon
- Best MPV: SEAT Alhambra
- Best Estate Car: Skoda Octavia estate
- Best Executive Car: BMW 3 Series
- Best Coupe: Toyota GT-86
- Best Hot Hatch: Ford Fiesta ST
- Best Large Executive Car: BMW 5 Series
- Best Luxury Car: Mercedes S-Class
- Best Convertible: Volkswagen Golf cabriolet
- Buyer’s Award: Kia seven-year warranty