General Motors (GM) have come up with another piece of invention and innovation for their Indian market in the form of Chevrolet Sail U-VA. It has already been launched on November 2, 2012. The diesel version features is 1.3 Multijet diesel engine manufactured by General Motors along with Fiat. It is available in both petrol and diesel versions and with festive season around in India, it may just be right kind of choice for small car enthusiasts. It will be competition with Maruti Suzuki Swift, Ford Figo, Maruti Ritz, Volkswagen Polo and Hyundai i20.
GM has priced Sail U-VA aggressively and it comes with three years of Chevrolet warranty. It features broad headlamps with adequate illumination and all new and brilliant roof style. Further, it has smart two part front grille golden Chevy emblem.
Exteriors and Interiors:
Chevrolet Sail U-VA has beautiful and elegant interiors-exteriors.
Overall, the exteriors of the car look beautiful and alluring with broad headlamps and nose design and attractive grille. The exteriors of Sail U-VA are smart roof silhouette, fog lamps in shooting star style and Chevy bow-tie emblem on two-part front grill.
Small car with a lot of comfort space and sufficient head inside the cabin. The interiors of the car feature amber color illumination, folding rear seats with boot space of 1134 litres and center Stack Bezel painted in metallic.
Engine, Specification and Performance:
- Diesel Engine – 1.3L SMARTECH SDE 4-Cylinder
- Diesel Engine Power – 78 PS at 4000 rpm with peak torque of 205 Nm at 1750 rpm.
- Diesel Engine Speed – 0 to 100 kmph in 15.2 seconds.
- Diesel Engine Mileage – 22.10 Kmpl (Certified by ARAI)
- Petrol Engine – 1.2L BDHOC 4-Cylinder
- Petrol Engine Power – 86 PS at 6000 rpm with peak torque of 113 Nm at 5000 rpm.
- Petrol Engine Mileage – 18.20 Kmpl (Certified by ARAI)
- Petrol Engine Speed – 0 to 100 kmph in 14.6 seconds.
- Mc Pherson Strut for Front and Twist Axle for Rear
- Twin-Tube Gas filled Shock Absorbers
Comfort and Convenience:
The features that provide comfort and convenience include:
- Power and Tilt Adjustable Steering
- Power Windows
- Orange Backlight Instrument Cluster
- Large and Centred Speedometer
- 2-DIN Audio System with Radio/CD/MP3 compatibility and USB support.
- Back Wiper
- High Mounted Stop Lamps
- Multi-reflector Rear Bumper
Stand out traits of the vehicle consists of:
- Back parcel shelf
- Bluetooth audio system support 5 phone pairing
- Flex flat folding back seat
- Remote keyless access
Further, it also has silver inserted coffee beige dual tone interiors and Turn indicator equipped ORVMs.
The auto giant has bestowed its top selling hatch in the Chinese market, Chevy Sail with sufficient active & passive security traits. These safety characteristics comprise:
- Front 3-point ELR seat belts
- High mounted stop lamp
- Driver seatbelt reminding device
- ABS (Anti-lock Braking System)
- Pace sensitive autolock
- Driver airbag
- Co-rider airbag
- Side impact front & back door beam
General Motors India President and Managing Director Lowell Paddock stated, “The newly launched Sail Chevrolet U-VA has been specifically made for the Indian people, and we have test driven the car for 10 lakh kilometer on Indian roads before rolling out it officially.”
Lowell Paddock also added up that the sedan edition of the vehicle would be introduced by 2012 end.
There are seven different color choices available to pick from. On the other hand, the petrol option has 4 trims to prefer from whilst the diesel possesses 3 trims.
The newly launched vehicle will be vying straightly with Maruti Suzuki’s well known model Swift, Hyundai Motor India’s popular i20 in addition to Ford’s top selling car, Figo.
As far as its price goes, the basic model of Chevrolet U-VA is available at Rs. 4.44 lacs and the top model is available at a price of Rs. 6.62 lacs (ex-showroom New Delhi).
- For car buffs, Sail U-VA price list is given below:
- 2012 Chevrolet Sail U-VA Base Petrol – Rs 4.44 lakh
- 2012 Chevrolet Sail U-VA LS Petrol – Rs 4.83 lakh
- 2012 Chevrolet Sail U-VA LS ABS Petrol – Rs 5.18 lakh
- 2012 Chevrolet Sail U-VA LT ABS Petrol – Rs 5.57 lakh
- 2012 Chevrolet Sail U-VA LS Diesel – Rs 5.87 lakh
- 2012 Chevrolet Sail U-VA LS ABS Diesel – Rs 6.19 lakh
- 2012 Chevrolet Sail U-VA LT ABS Diesel – Rs 6.62 lakh
Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'indiandr_newcar2'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/indiandr/public_html/wp-content/themes/indiandrives/includes/test_drive.php on line 11
|Used Chevrolet Car For Sale :|
Warning: mysql_query() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in /home/indiandr/public_html/wp-content/themes/indiandrives/includes/test_drive.php on line 193
Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in /home/indiandr/public_html/wp-content/themes/indiandrives/includes/test_drive.php on line 194
|New Chevrolet Car For Sale|
Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in /home/indiandr/public_html/wp-content/themes/indiandrives/includes/test_drive.php on line 208
|Exclusive Car Deals From Indian Drives|