Last week we reported about the Nissan GT Academy did its hunt in Mumbai after the national capital Delhi, now it’s time for the result. In the hunt for motor racing talent in India, Nissan PlayStation GT Academy has witnessed promising racing aspirants in both the cities, with the latter topping the leaderboard thus far. The award-winning and internationally acclaimed driver discovery programme will complete qualifying rounds in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai by June 2014 before finalising the quickest 14 lap times that emerge out of all five cities in contention for the first Indian edition of GT Academy.
Launched in India in February this year, Nissan PlayStation GT Academy has attracted unprecedented entries in less than two months. Over 2000 aspiring racers have participated in GT Academy’s qualifying rounds conducted at the 2014 Delhi Auto Expo, and in shopping malls in Delhi (NCR) and Mumbai.
The most recent qualifying round was held in Mumbai between March 20-13 and here is the most updated leaderboard post this round, until the Hyderabad round completes on April 20, 2014.
NISSAN PLAYSTATION GT ACADEMY LEADERBOARD POSITION PARTICIPANT CITY LAP TIME
1. Martin Karkade Mumbai 01:59:357
2. Saminder Singh Saan Mumbai 02:03:311
3. Parth Patel Mumbai 02:04:547
4. Bharat Dilip Gopal Mumbai 02:04:949
5. Abhinav Bhatt Delhi 02:05:468
6. Achintya Mehrotra Mumbai 02:05:771
7. Akshay Gupta Mumbai 02:06:235
8. Anmol Singh Sahil Delhi 02:06:924
9. Rachit Kamal Dogra Delhi 02:07:623
10. Jason Gokavi Delhi 02:08:485
11. Karl Patel Mumbai 02:09:676
12. Leon Lhendup Wangdi Delhi 02:10:200
13. Chaitanya Burkhe Mumbai 02:10:273
14. Naveen Uraon Mumbai 02:10:288
Mr. Kenichiro Yomura, President Nissan India operations, “We are delighted to have launched GT Academy in India. The programme is reinforcing the commitment of growing the Nissan brand in India. GT Academy really proves that Nissan stands for innovation and excitement for everyone.”
Mr. Atindriya Bose, Country Head, PlayStation India added, “The partnership with Nissan allows us to offer a combination of the virtual and real life experience of racing one’s dream car on one of the world’s most coveted circuits. The programme will test the racing acumen of enthusiasts on PlayStation GT6 racing simulators that focus on a high-end simulated driving experience. At Delhi and Mumbai, we have already witnessed a furor of excitement amongst gamers and racers and I’m sure in Hyderabad, it’s going to go to the next level. We expect this to be a tough challenge.”
GT Academy is an innovative platform that offers aspiring racers and gaming enthusiasts to register, compete and potentially win a place in the coveted driver discovery and development programme.
Entered by racing on the Gran Turismo®6* video game, exclusive to PlayStation®3, GT Academy is a ‘virtual to reality’ programme that will test the racing acumen of enthusiasts through a time-trial competition on PlayStation GT6 racing simulators. The time-trials should be considered as qualifying rounds and will be hosted as ‘Live Events’ at shopping malls in New Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai.
Ordinary people across the world, with an aspiration to pursue a career in motor racing have found the opportunity of their lifetime in the Nissan PlayStation GT Academy driver discovery and development programme.
The international award-winning Nissan PlayStation GT Academy is in its sixth year and has been hugely popular and successful in Europe, Russia, the USA, the Middle East and South Africa. Today’s launch signifies India’s inclusion in the newly-created international league.
For further rounds refer the information below. Spot registration will also be entertained at the venue:
- April 17-20, 2014: Inorbit Mall, Hyderabad
- May 15-18, 2014: Mantri Mall, Bengaluru
- June 5-8, 2014: Express Avenue Mall, Royapettah, Chennai
- Visit www.nissan.in (Click on the link and go to INNOVATION menu to find information about GT Academy)
- Visit www.facebook.com/nissanindia (Click on GT ACADEMY INDIA)
- SMS ‘GamerToPro <SPACE> <CITY> to 92 23 30 68 00 to pre-register for participation in
Hyderabad, Bengaluru and/or Chennai
Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/indiandr/public_html/wp-content/themes/indiandrives/includes/test_drive.php on line 42