Just within a gap of week after the India launch, Ford launches EcoSport in Nepal for an extreme starting price tag of Rs. 17.9 lakh. Majorly this compact SUV of American carmaker will be sold there by GO Ford, but we learnt that there are other dealers too settled for validating the bookings of this newbie.
There are no changes made in any of the factors relating to that of India specific and Nepal specific. Both of them possess same paint job options, same engine displacements and almost same trim levels.
We know that Ford had tagged the EcoSport with an efficient price tag for India and rest of the world, but then one maybe drooling why the automaker had deployed such intensive temptations on the same for Nepal audience. To your answer, we must thank to Nepal government for imposing the 200% import duty on the imported cars for their country, and hence as of now the EcoSport is being exported to Nepal via CBU route from here. So this kind of tantalizations is but obvious to happen in the country which is lying at the bottoms of Himalayas.
Whilst, is there any expectations how much the top end variant i.e. Titanium 1.5 diesel MT Plus will be costing over there when the starting product is this much obsessing? Let us tell you, it is priced at Rs. 26.94 lakh for them, almost nearing the range of 3 millions!
Mentioned below are the various EcoSport trims recorded against the pricing in NPR and INR:
- EcoSport 1.5 Petrol MT Ambiente – NPR 2,850,000 (INR 17.9 lakhs)
- EcoSport 1.5 Petrol MT Trend – NPR 3,090,000 (INR 19.4 lakhs)
- EcoSport 1.5 Petrol MT Titanium – NPR 3,590,000 (INR 22.54 lakhs)
- EcoSport 1.5 Petrol AT Titanium – NPR 3,990,000 (INR 25.05 lakhs)
- EcoSport 1.0 Petrol MT Titanium – NPR 3,790,000 (INR 23.8 lakhs)
- EcoSport 1.0 Petrol MT Titanium Plus – NPR 3,990,000 (INR 25.05 lakhs)
- EcoSport 1.5 Diesel MT Ambiente – NPR 3,450,000 (INR 21.66 lakhs)
- EcoSport 1.5 Diesel MT Trend – NPR 3,690,000 (INR 23.17 lakhs)
- EcoSport 1.5 Diesel MT Titanium – NPR 4,090,000 (INR 25.68 lakhs)
- EcoSport 1.5 Diesel MT Titanium Plus – NPR 4,290,000 (INR 26.94 lakhs)