After successful run at the Volkswagen Polo R-Cup India, Pune race-car driver Oshan Kothadiya has made it to the Scirocco R-Cup season in Germany. Kothadiya was the runner up of the event, while the winner, Vishnu Prasad backed out from the German season for having to complete his academic career. Kothadiya stepped up to take his place, as the winner gets a chance to run for the Scirocco R-Cup in Germany.
The Pune lad believes the Polo Cup gave him a chance to groom himself for a bigger international platform. He also said that he’s grown from ‘strength to strength’ and is excited about his international debut in Germany. Kothadiya is the third Indian to register his name in the Deutsche racing after Aditya Patel and Sailesh Bolisetti.
Bolisetti on the other hand, who also has the Polo Cup experience will be racing with Lotus Sport UK at the 2012 British GT Series.
The 2012 Volkswagen Scirocco R-Cup calendar is as follows:
- 27-28 April at Hockenheim (D)
- 04-05 May at Lausitzring (D)
- 18-19 May at Brands Hatch (GB)
- 01-03 June at Spielberg (A)
- 29-30 June at Norisring (D)
- 17-18 August at Nrburgring (D)
- 14-16 September at Oschersleben (D)
- 19-20 October at Hockenheim (D)
- Two races, otherwise one race on Saturday