For car lovers, the experience of driving brings joy to their hearts. Various innovations made to modern cars has reduced concerns regarding travelling long distances by cars, as was in the past. Driving has become greater fun with the provision of various amenities of luxury within the car.
The demand for cars has seen a gradual growth with greater numbers of drivers coming into the vehicle market. Some have mastered the art of driving whereas others enjoy slow and relaxed drives. But both these category of drivers become extremely confused and nervous when it comes to parking their vehicles. The nervousness becomes a pain when one tries to fit in his car into an unorganized parking area particularly if it happens to be a parallel parking.
This nervousness can be got over with if one can learn some very essential and helpful tricks that would prove useful for making a safe and smart car parking.
- The first thing one needs to do is to leave one’s house early so that he does not have to rush up and park his car anywhere he feels like. One has to be disciplined when parking one’s car. Drive across the entire parking lot will help identify the best place to park the car. The car should also be parked in a proper angle so that it does not in any way block the route of the other parked cars, when they want to drive out.
- The car mirror should always be used for looking behind, even if one is within the parking lot. Parking areas interiors have limited spaces available for parking, hence it is essential for the drivers to use the rearview mirrors to gauge the distance within the permissible limits. The side view mirror should be used for turning the car wheels into the right position.
- If there are a lot of cars parked within the parking area, you have to make sure that your car has been parked in line with the car in front or behind you.
- Whilst parking, it is advisable to leave some gap between both the cars behind and in front of you. This proves helpful in that other parked cars can move out easily and not hit your car on the way out.
- If the car operates on manual transmission, it is imperative to leave it on gear when parking in hilly or sloppy surfaces and at neutral, when parking interiors. When kept in neutral, other cars can shift your cars slightly for easily driving out theirs.
- If parking in open space, shady areas should be preferred because leaving the car under the sun for too long not only heats up its interiors but also zaps fuel from the gas tank.
- One should not try to be too offensive or rude towards others while parking one’s car.
- If someone is about to drive into a limited available parking space, do not try to cut him off. You should be generous enough to let him park his car there and look for a different space for your car. Stealing someone else’s parking space brings out aggressive reactions.