This British carmaker always stands out from the whole crowd, and it isn’t doubtful that one day the world will have a strong taste of British over the rest. And with such confidence, the Britain-originated-India-owned Jaguar Land Rover had developed a self-learning intelligent car of the future that will have its own ‘Smart Assistant’. Likewise its name, the car too will be smart enough to let the driver concentrate on driving the most rather than focusing on other adjustments.
However, Smart Assistant will recognize the owners by its smart phone or other devices in his pockets and would adjust the seating, temperatures, and such before he opens the door.
It will also remind them about the task had to be taken on that day; otherwise will follow its daily route.
Commenting about this new development, Dr Wolfgang Epple, Director of Research and Technology for Jaguar Land Rover, said, “The aim of our self-learning technology is to minimise driver distraction, which will help reduce the risk of accidents. Presenting the driver with information just at the right time whilst driving will reduce both cognitive distraction and the need for the driver to look away from the road to scroll through phone lists, or adjust mirrors, temperature or seat functions while on the road.”
“Up until now most self-learning car research has only focused on traffic or navigation prediction. We want to take this a significant step further and our new learning algorithm means information learnt about you will deliver a completely personalised driving experience and enhance driving pleasure,” he further added.
Mentioned below are some of the features included in the Self-Learning Car concept:
- Vehicle Personalisation – climate, seat, steering wheel, mirrors and infotainment settings.
- Destination Prediction – automatic destination entry to navigation system based on historical usage.
- Fuel Assist- suggests fuel stations which have the driver’s preferred brand and location, based on historical usage. The car will let you know if you have enough fuel before long journeys the day before you travel.
- Predictive Phone Call – predicts who you are likely to call in a certain situation.
- Passenger Awareness – will activate passenger preferred infotainment settings and personal climate zones.
- Intelligent Notifications – based on traffic situation, the car can alert people that you will be late or provide relevant contextual updates such as flight delays on your drive to the airport.
- Auto Adaptive Cruise Control (AACC) – when AACC is activated, the car applies the distance setting and acceleration profile it has learned when the driver is driving the vehicle.