Aston Martin launched the Rapide S, world’s most beautiful luxury sports car, in India for Rs. 4.4 crore ex-showroom Mumbai.
Aston Martin ‘Rapide’ is been there in India since 2011, and now the addition of ‘S’ to it has added more power and some appealing aesthetics.
Single piece front grille, increased torque and a meatier power delivery are some of the new flicks to talk about on the Rapide S alongside its revamped rear lip spoiler.
Confirming the details, Rapide S produces 550bhp @ 6750rpm, and 619Nm of torque @ 5000rpm from a 6.0L V12 engine, delivering all the traction to rear wheels. The 6-speed ZF transmission with electronic shift-by-wire control system assists the car to reach 0-100 kmph (0-62 mph) in 4.9 seconds with a max speed of 306 kmph (190 mph). For more details one can refer the technical specification chart of British oriented luxury marquee below.
- Four-door sports car with four seats
- Extruded bonded aluminium VH body structure
- Aluminium, magnesium alloy and composite body
- Extruded aluminium door side-impact beams
- Single bi-xenon headlamps with integrated LED side lights and direction indicators
- Clear LED rear lamps
- All-alloy, quad overhead camshaft, 48 valve, 5,935cc, V12
- Front mid-mounted engine, rear-wheel drive
- Fully catalysed stainless steel exhaust system with active bypass valves
- Max power: 558 PS (550 bhp) at 6,750 rpm
- Max torque: 620 Nm (457 lb ft) at 5,500 rpm
- Acceleration: 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) in 4.9 seconds
- Max speed: predicted 306 km/h (190 mph)
- Rear mid-mounted ‘Touchtronic 2’ six-speed transmission with electronic shift-by-wire control system
- Alloy torque tube with carbon fibre prop shaft
- Limited-slip differential
- Final drive ratio 3.46:1
- Length: 5020mm
- Width: 2140mm
- Height: 1350mm
- Wheelbase: 2989mm
- Fuel Capacity: 90.5ltrs (19.9 Imp.galls, 23.9 US galls)
- Weight: 1990kg