In this week’s Auto Shorts, we bring you sales figures of various Indian Automotive brands. Mahindra & Mahindra, Nissan India, MG India, all these brands saw an exciting month of December, with double-digit growth in terms of sales. Volkswagen India announced a price hike on all the car line-ups except for the newly launched Tiguan. Lastly, Tata Motors celebrated a milestone of delivering 1 lakhs Starbus in India.
Mahindra Auto registers growth in sales by 11% in December
Mahindra & Mahindra sold 39157 vehicles in December and registered a growth of 11%.In the Utility Vehicles segment, Mahindra sold 17,469 vehicles, the Passenger Vehicles segment (which includes UVs, Cars and Vans) sold 17,722 vehicles and Exports for the month of December 2021 were at 3,017 vehicles.
- Mahindra & Mahindra sold 39157 vehicles in December
- Utility Vehicles Segment- 17,469 Vehicles
- Passenger Vehicles Segment – 17,722 Vehicles
- Exports – 3,017 Vehicles
MG Motor India registers a growth 43% in Sales
MG Motor India retailed 40,273 units in 2021, registering a growth of 43% over 2020. As compared to the year 2020, the company has exhibited growth of 21.5% for Hector, 145% for ZS EV, and 252% for Gloster in the year 2021. MG has closed the year with a significant backlog and is trying to meet the growing demand.
- MG Motor India retailed 40,273 units in 2021
- Growth of 21.5% for Hector
- Growth of 145% for ZS EV
- Growth of 252% for Gloster
Nissan India sells 3010 vehicles in December 2021
Nissan has achieved a cumulative growth of 323% in spite of the challenges of Covid-19 & semiconductor shortages affecting supplies, Nissan delivered 35,000 plus Nissan Magnite, with 31% of the 77,000 plus bookings coming from the Digital ecosystem. Nissan India’s Managing Director, Rakesh Srivastava states, “Going forward with the support of their supply chain their endeavor will be to maintain this growth momentum for the upcoming months & to continue to deliver value to the customers with the lowest cost of ownership towards customer assurance.’’
- Nissan has achieved a cumulative growth of 323%
- Nissan delivered 35,000+ Nissan Magnite in 2021
Volkswagen India announces price hike
The Volkswagen brand will increase prices of its car lineup, the Polo, Vento and Taigun, because of the rising input and operational costs. The price revision will be ranging from 2% – 5% depending on the carline and the variant. Price hike will not be applicable to the all-new Tiguan, which was launched in India recently.
- VW brand will increase prices owing to the rising input and operational costs
- Price hike for Polo, Vento & Taigun
- Price hike of 2-5%
- Price hike will not be applicable to the all-new Tiguan
Tata Motors crosses 1 lakh Starbus milestone
Tata Motors, India’s largest commercial vehicle manufacturer, celebrates 1 lakh Starbus customers. The Tata Starbus is the most sold fully-built bus brand in the country and has been synonymous with passenger comfort, reliability and ease of driving. The Starbus platform is available in varied configurations to perfectly suit a host of applications like staff, school transportation and has been an important pillar in the country’s public transportation sector. The Starbus is also available as an electric bus and has been successfully running in several cities across India. The Starbus has been the preferred choice of bus for several fleet operators for its low cost of ownership and high profitability.
- Tata Motors sells 1 lakh units of Starbus
- The Starbus is also available as an electric bus.
- The Starbus has been the preferred choice of bus for several fleet operators for its low cost of ownership and high profitability.