Nominees for 2014 World Car of the year is out!
Phase 1 of this prestigious ceremony had also nominated Ford EcoSport and 2014 Hyundai i10.
There are 30 cars named in the list, out of which only 7 will be sorted out to present the finalist segment at the event. And undoubtedly it will be the one who will make to pole position on the paddock there.
The award winning ceremony is scheduled to happen on 3rd March 2014 at Geneva Motor Show.
Well, it is the result of hardworking 58 jury members from 22 European countries who shortlisted these 30 cars, and out of it following can be seen/expected to be seen on “Indian” roads:
- Ford EcoSport: Already on sale.
- 2014 Hyundai i10: To debut at upcoming Frankfurt Motor Show, while a slightly modified version of it called i10 Grand went on sale in India recently.
- Jaguar F-Type: Already on sale.
- Porsche Cayman: Already on sale.
- New Skoda Octavia: Recently unveiled in India, expected to launch during the upcoming festive season.
- 2014 Range Rover Sport: Festive season launch, but maybe before Diwali.
- 2014 Mercedes S Class: Launch by the end of 2013 or at the start of 2014.
- 2014 Toyota Corolla: Launch by mid 2014.
- 2014 BMW X5: Launch in 2014.
- Suzuki SX4: Already on sale, but is expecting the replacement to follow soon. However, those who are interested in learning about the all 30 of them can scroll down this page to view the list:
2014 World Car Of The Year Award Nominees List
- BMW 4-Series Coupe
- BMW i3
- BMW X5
- Citroen C4 Picasso
- Ford EcoSport
- Ford Kuga
- Hyundai i10
- Jaguar F-Type
- Kia Carens
- Range Rover Sport
- Lexus IS
- Maserati Ghibli
- Mercedes-Benz S-Class
- Mitsubishi Space Star
- Nissan Note
- Opel Cascada
- Peugeot 2008
- Peugeot 308
- Porsche Cayman
- Renault Captur
- Renault Zoe
- Seat Leon
- Skoda Octavia
- Subaru Forester
- Suzuki SX4
- Tesla Model S
- Toyota Auris
- Toyota Corolla
- Toyota RAV