Skoda targets scoring high on sales figures with a cut-price variant of its luxury saloon, dubbed Superb ‘Ambition’. Competing in the E-segment against the Honda Accord and Volkswagen Passat, the new Superb Ambition is the flagship of Skoda in India. Offered in both petrol and diesel trims, the Skoda Superb Ambition comes at Rs 18.55 lacs for the entry-level petrol variant and Rs 23.19 lacs for diesel trim.
Skoda has scheduled an official launch on 18 April in Mumbai. Offered as a cut-price variant, the Ambition is likely to be stripped from some alluring features like the touch-screen central console with 6-CD changer unit, Bluetooth auxiliary and electric sunroof. Moreover, the driver will loose certain assistance as the hill hold and hill descent system, cruise control, Bi-xenon cornering headlamps, tyre pressure monitor and front proximity sensors may be missing in the stripped down variant.
Moreover, the 3.6-litre V6 will no power the Ambition variant.
The Ambient variant will continue to offer the more vital safety features like ABS (antilock braking), EBD (equal brake distribution), Traction Control (TCS), ESP (electronic stability program), ASR (anti-slip regulation) and 8 airbags.
Prices as per ex-showroom:
- Skoda Superb Ambition 1.8-litre petrol TSI (manual) – Rs 18.55 lacs
- Skoda Superb Ambition 2.0-litre diesel TDI (automatic) – 23.19 lacs
- Skoda Supeb Elegance petrol (manual) – Rs 20.20 lacs
- Skoda Superb Elegance petrol (automatic) – Rs 21.75 lacs
- Skoda Superb Elegance diesel (automatic) – Rs 24.74 lacs
- Skoda Superb Elegance diesel (automatic) – Rs 28.74 lacs